Saturday, January 25, 2014

Picnic Anyone?

Good morning and happy Saturday!  Linda here with a Linnie Blooms Mini Mixed Stitch Journal.  With all of the snow and cold outside, I couldn't resist to think of warmer times.

Nothing screams picnic more than red gingham, so I used some Bella Blvd paper to create my fence.  The tree was colored with a variety of Faber-Castell Gelatos mixed around with a watered brush.  Once dried, I stamped the tree with an old Stamp'n Up! roller stamp in brown archival ink.  The base of the tree was colored with Faber-Castell Stamper's Big Brush Pitt Marker.

My favorite part of this was how I made the "tulips".  I took Linnie Blooms Small Butterfly Canvas Shapes and colored them with Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spritz.  I always color both sides because when my canvas gets its shabby curl I want to see color on both sides.  Once dry, I fold the butterfly shape and use Aleene's Fabric Fusion to hold it in place.  Aren't they cute?!!

The final touch was the cute little birdies which were cut out of some more Bella Blvd. paper.  If you would like to give this project a try, check out our catalog or contact one of our Creative Reps.  You can find both at www.LinnieBlooms.com.

3 comments:

  1. This is just so adorable, Linda! I'm so ready for a picnic in the park lady! I love that fence and thanks for the tip on coloring both sides, great advice. I adore those tulips too! Have a warm weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cute... love all the canvas pieces and the colors. love how you made the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tulip technique is wOnDeRfUl!!!!!...awesome inspiration!!....my list keeps growing!

    ReplyDelete