Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ready to fly!

Soaring is not on my "to do" list lately. More like "squeeze in some crafty time when I can". However, this ink-speckled bird is ready to fly! When I was shopping at Linnie Blooms in July, my items were given to me in a plain Kraft gift bag. I told Linda Barutha (Linnie Blooms owner) that the bag would come back to her eventually. I kept my promise and went wild! I zentangled with a fine point Sharpie on a square blank and then added Distress Inks to this bird and its wing (which also doubles as a leaf shape). Sharpies, Distress Inks...is there anything these Linnie Blooms shapes can't withstand?

And why stop there? I crinkle folded some border punch cut strips and attached them onto the bottom of the bag. I also spy a paper doily, a butterfly and flower (both punched from an old book), a little spritzing, and don't forget the burlap scrap!

How about you? Ready to soar or just squeezing in some crafty time when you can? Hope it's the first one!

~Kelly


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Lovin' your Zentangle!!! and the little bit of color with the black & white is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete