Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Nature~Share The Beauty

Hi Friends! Abby here with ScrappinAbby and today I have a quick tag project to share with all of you using one of the fabulous feather canvas pieces from Linnie Blooms.
I wanted to add some texture to the canvas feather so I grabbed some Matte Medium and an old dress pattern...
I put a thin coat of the Matte Medium over the canvas feather...

To give it some added texture I scrunched the dress pattern paper when I placed it on top of the feather...
I used my craft knife to cut the paper away from the feather. You can use scissors or even tear it if you wish....
I used my distress tool to add some extra fraying and texture to the edge of the feather...

I wanted to play with some of my alcohol inks and sprays so the next few photos show you how I "painted" my feather once the dress pattern paper was dry....

The last photo above was taken while the feather was drying. I love how it turned out once it was all dry. The inks and sprays crept into the wrinkles on the dress pattern and soaked into the canvas feather and it looks so cool. 
This was my first time to play with the canvas feathers and I'm hooked. There are so many ways you can alter the canvas pieces and this is just one example of how you can use your inks and sprays and even some dress patterns to create textures and layers. You can find the feather canvas pieces in the Flutter Canvas Shapes at the Linnie Blooms store.

Thanks for stopping by the Linnie Blooms blog today and for checking out another ScrappinAbby project. 

Have a great day and Happy Crafting!!


 



4 comments:

  1. These canvas feathers are so neat-o! Love what you did! Such a darling tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful project.. amazing feather treatment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That feather is SO cool! Love the tag and the deep purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is great...you always come up with the most unique creations, Abby! How clever to add that texture to your feather piece...and the purple...so rich! Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete