Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Forever & Always

Hi everyone....this is a special post from me to my Mom and Dad.  I found this picture of them on their wedding day August 30, 1946 and decided to make this for my mom. My dad passed away in 1988...they would have been married 69 years now. He is waiting for her in Heaven. :)

I had to find a large canvas for the picture so I used the Linnie Blooms 12x12 canvas...love these...such a nice quality.


 I started out with the Linnie Blooms 12x12 canvas and used 3 different inks to get the color I wanted for my paper. I love how the ink works on canvas. 
 I used a piece of paper with roses on it to go with my mom's bouquet. I tore it up and sewed it to the canvas. I LOVE that I can sew on it! 
         I added the photo, some flowers with beads in the center, some vintage tatting,
                            leaves and 5 little crystals on wire to represent the 5 us kids. :)
I added the lace to the top of the canvas and diamond Stickles to my moms bouquet and around the project.  The photo is a copy that I found...it is much better in person...just couldn't capture well.
 And there you go...:)  I love it! I'm going to add a ribbon to hang it.  I think my mom will love it too. 

Thank you and please visit the Linnie Blooms website for lots of nice products including the 12x12 canvas used in this project.

And please check out my Facebook page Morning Star Crafts and Collectibles and join us for more projects and fun.
 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morning-Star-Crafts-and-Collectibles-LLC/248624745207213?ref=hl

~Dawn

2 comments: