Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wedding Journal

Hey there! It's been a while I know and I'm so excited to share with you what I've created.  I have hoarded this canvas journal for a while now, trying to be certain of what I create in it. I toyed with the idea of creating an art journal on canvas, but that was a bit too usual in a sense (I plan on doing that another time). I finally decided to create a wedding journal being that I no longer have a wedding album.

Here, I will show you the process of how I began distressing/altering my journal



Above are the cover and the inside of the canvas journal.  I love that every other page has a decorative inclusion, which can be used in various ways to enhance the pages surrounding it.


For the front cover I used light molding paste and a damask stencil to add a bit of decorative dimension.  Continue to add as many layers of mediums or inks until you have reached complete altered happiness ^_^


After I added more ink by using a diamond shaped stencil and stamping some script in various areas, I adhered a crocheted doily.  The doily was adhered to cover a bit of the front and back of the journal.  NOTE: My adhesive of choice is Beacon's 3 in 1.  It has never let me down and I've never had an issue of items coming apart. Just in case you wonder about the type of glue I use for my projects.


And here is my final (cover) product after adding all of the embellishments. 


Pearls, diamonds and lace, just what every girl wants to see at her wedding. This was such a fun project to work on and I can't wait to get copies of our wedding pictures back so I can complete the inside of the journal and share the results.

Until next time...

Happy Creating                    Kisha

2 comments:

  1. The finished looks is just lovely! Thanks for sharing all of your little secrets for us who are newer to mixed media creations. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. again....and again...Kisha, I am in awe of your creations!

    ReplyDelete