Thursday, May 15, 2014

LInnie Blooms Stencils + Gelli Plate = Love!!

Hi Linnie Bloom Peeps!!  Karen here today, just jumping with excitement because I got to play with Linnie Bloom stencils and masks!!  I just adore the shapes that the stencils come and when I saw the bird stencil, this little idea just seemed perfect!! 


First, I took out a canvas and created a background.  I combined teal and titan buff and used them in the Chevron Grunge stencil.  Then I added some Tim Holtz tissue paper with gel medium and stamped on a little bit of text for texture.



Then came the REALLY fun part ... gelli plate playtime!! I rolled on a little bit of paint and laid the stencil down right on top of the gelli plate.


I laid down some plain white tissue paper to pull off the 'image!'  (The trick here is to not use too much paint, the less the better, so that you don't saturate the tissue and rip it. )

 I also followed the same technique to make the tailfeathers using the leaf stencil from the bloom stencil kit!

  I used the stencil to 'draw' the branch and leaves.


This is what the tissue paper bird and her tail feathers looked like before I glued it down to the canvas!


Finally, I used Gel Medium and this little bird looks like she just a part of the canvas!!


A couple more 'tailfeathers' and doodling ...


And just a couple of finishing details and this little bird is ready to sing her heart out!! 


Thank you SO much for stopping by Linnie Blooms today.  I hope you find some inspiration from my project! Grab your stencils, paints and go create!!

-Karen Crossen

6 comments:

  1. I can almost hear the chirping of this wonderful bird! What a fantastic project, Karen! Those tail feathers are PERFECTLY charming and I really love this sentiment too. FABULOUS...just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little piece of art! Love it and the saying is perfect with the birdie! Fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colour combo.. great design.. and thanks for tutorial tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this canvas Karen...the colors/textures are fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is ultra inspiring! I have a jelli plate I've never even used yet. Now I really want to!!! Such a gorgeous canvas, TFS Karen!

    ReplyDelete