Friday, May 9, 2014

Creative Storage for Linnie Blooms Canvas Pieces

Hi Friends! Abby here with ScrappinAbby and I am really excited about my first official post as a new member of the Linnie Blooms Design Team!!!

I had so much fun playing with some of the canvas pieces and I came up with a creative & decorative way to not only store my pieces but to organize them as well. 

I recycled some vegetable cans and created these sweet containers that I decorated with some of the very same canvas pieces these will store. I also have a video to share with you that shows you the project up close along with the Linnie Bloom items I used....

 Let me share with you the fun techniques I used on the canvas pieces...
For the flower, I used a script background stamp to create some texture and visual interest. 



Next I used some sprays to give it some color and used my distress tool to fray the edges to give it a shabby chic look...

 I did the same technique for the leaf pieces but used a different background stamp...


 For the butterfly I stamped an actual butterfly image on the canvas piece then used some distress ink to give it some color....


 I wanted to have the illusion that the butterfly had just flown into my craft room and landed on the vine so I taped the wire I had left from when I cut my flowers to the backside of the butterfly so I could bend it as if it was in motion....


 For the bird I used some embossing powder for added texture and shimmer....


 Lastly, I used the same treatment on all the banner pieces that I attached to each altered can....


 Here are a few more photos of the completed altered cans....
 And here's how they look on my shabby chic vintage hutch....

Be sure to check out all of the fabulous Linnie Blooms Products available so you can use them in your crafting projects as well.


Thanks for stopping by the Linnie Blooms blog today. Be sure to visit my BLOG so you can see additional photos of the altered cans along with the full product list of all the supplies I used. 

Happy Crafting and I am SO happy to be a part of the Linnie Blooms Design Team and share some crafty & creative projects with all of you. 

5 comments:

  1. omg.. stunning and beautiful and so creative.. great project

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are off the HOOK! I LOVE them! Sooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just getting caught up from a busy week last week and boy, Abby!! You have knocked my socks off with these amazing storage make overs…how fabulous, girl! Every detail you've shared is amazing and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete