Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Little Birdies!

 

Oh my goodness, I had SO much fun playing with the Linnie Bloom shapes for this piece!! Working with the design team is such an honor, there are SO many talented ladies here! 

 I LOVE working in mixed media and Linda's canvas pieces totally hold up to my paints, glues and complete redo-s that happen all the time!  The possibilities are endless with the shapes that are available!!  You should definitely spend some time shopping at her store, Linnie Blooms!  You can also visit the Facebook page and the Linnie Blooms Pintrest page for more ideas!


 These were the two pieces I started with . . . the bird shape and the sunflower piece that I folded over to make a birds' nest!  

 I painted up the nest with acrylic paints!! Seriously,  just put down different shades of browns and creams to make it nest looking! After it dried, I used embroidery thread to sew the two sides together! 

 The birds were colored with gelatos and white paint.  The Faber-Castell Gelatos, absorb right into the material and give it an amazing color!! Love!

I used Simple Stories I Heart Summer paper for the background, brown paper for the tree and random green paper scraps for the leaves!  Lots of pens and doodles complete the canvas!  

If you are interested in seeing more detailed pics and a short tutorial, visit my Blog, (I think I have too many photos to share here!)  You can also see other projects that I have done using Linnie Blooms shapes . . . I think I might have become a Linnie Blooms addict!



Thank you so much for stopping by!!  
- Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment