Here, I will show you the process of how I began distressing/altering my journal
Above are the cover and the inside of the canvas journal. I love that every other page has a decorative inclusion, which can be used in various ways to enhance the pages surrounding it.
For the front cover I used light molding paste and a damask stencil to add a bit of decorative dimension. Continue to add as many layers of mediums or inks until you have reached complete altered happiness ^_^
After I added more ink by using a diamond shaped stencil and stamping some script in various areas, I adhered a crocheted doily. The doily was adhered to cover a bit of the front and back of the journal. NOTE: My adhesive of choice is Beacon's 3 in 1. It has never let me down and I've never had an issue of items coming apart. Just in case you wonder about the type of glue I use for my projects.
And here is my final (cover) product after adding all of the embellishments.
Pearls, diamonds and lace, just what every girl wants to see at her wedding. This was such a fun project to work on and I can't wait to get copies of our wedding pictures back so I can complete the inside of the journal and share the results.
Until next time...
Happy Creating Kisha