Tuesday, March 25, 2014





Celebrate Spring!

I have a new design I made for Linnie Blooms and I am offering it as a class in my home studio classroom.

Celebrate Spring Banner
Where I live, we have had a Very Long Winter! I am so anxious for spring and some green grass with some spring flowers. I decided to make a Linnie Blooms piece to celebrate the coming spring and all the wonderful things it has to offer. Wouldn't this banner look nice hanging in your home too?!?

A little love detail
Who doesn't love spring and the bounty that springs from the earth? I was inspired by love of warmer weather, the return of song birds and colors that seem to pop and are so vibrant.
I choose some of my favorite colors ~ creamy white, pinks and turquoise blues
A few of the Linnie Blooms canvas shapes ~ a heart, a couple of birds, and some small petals to use as wings & some Shabby Trim ribbon.
little blue bird of happiness
A pair of little Blue Birds of Happiness who were making a honeymoon nest of their own and plenty of spring time love in the air...
These are the thoughts I had while creating this little banner on a Linnie Blooms Long Blank. Trimming the canvas edge with pinking scissors revealed the bright pink backing just perfectly. I love it when things fall together like this!
Cute as a button

All this little nest needs is a few baby blue birds to snuggle into their nest. As spring warms the soil and brings new life into the world, maybe those little babies won't be too far behind...

nest detail

The class for this "Celebrate Spring" banner will be held on Sunday, March 30th,  2:00 - 5:00 pm in my home studio classroom. You can sign up for it here on my website.
Best wishes!
Linda Kay
If you would like to order any of their products, please let me know and I can get you started.
My website ~ www.lindakaysart.com
& Be sure to visit Linnie Blooms for more Mixed Stitch Media products and ideas.
Linnie Blooms ~ www.linnieblooms.com
Linnie Blooms blog ~ www.linnieblooms.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment