Hi, Ann here today. I am sharing my Thanksgiving and Halloween table top decorations! We are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend in Canada and then in a couple of weeks we will be enjoying Halloween, and so I try to decorate "Once" for both occasions! This week the decorations will involve Autumnal colours and then next week the more ghoulish decorations will come out and blend right in.
For today here are my candle and place card setting projects:
To make the decorations on this purchased candle in a jar :
1. all you need are some die cut canvas leafs by Linnie Blooms which can be altered so quickly with ink sprays like this.
2. After the leaves have dried use a pen (such as the Faber Castell Big Brush) to draw some leaf veins. To add dimension to each leaf you can ink the edges with some more ink.
3. Cut three strands of jute cord long enough to tie around the jar, and braid. Tie knots at each end.
4. Wrap and tie the cord to the jar. Secure the cord and leaves with some hot glue.
For the place card:
1. fold a square piece of card stock in half to form a tent.
2. Glue a magnet to the back of the clothes pin so it can be taken home by your guest and used as note holder on their refrigerator!
3. If you coloured extra leaves when making the candle decoration then use some of those. Or colour some more leaves, and glue one to the clothes pin.
4. Make a small bow with some jute and glue to the leaf.
5. Write the name of your guest on the card and clip the leaf to the front.
Canvas Die Cut Leaves by Linnie Blooms
Mini Wooden Clothes Pins by Linnie Blooms
Jute cord (Dollarama)
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Lemongrass, Golden Terracotta, and Tuscan Sun
Chalk Ink Chocolate
Hot Glue sticks (Dollarama)
Pen by Faber Castell in Orange
Candle (Dollar Tree)
Card Stock (Staples)
I hope that you are inspired to create your very own Fall Decorations and enjoy the celebrations. To see other projects I make please come over to my blog at: http://annmakes.blogspot.com
Thank you for stopping by.