Monday, December 30, 2013

Hi! It's Candy Spiegel returning as my second time as a guest designer on the Linnie Blooms blog!

This time I wanted to share the Stitched Canvas Book I created ... well, decorated anyway. The great thing about this little book is was all sewn and ready to go when I received it!

I started using my Copic Airbrush System and plastic stencils to create the background.

To keep things neat, I placed the book in an old box and used Removable Glue Dots to hold the stencil in place.

After the stenciling was finished, I airbrushed a few colors around the edges of the book.
Then, I airbrushed a piece of Linnie Textures and added it to the cover.

Then, I added a Sizzix peacock die, flowers, ribbons, fibers, Dew Drops, charms and more.
Here's another detail shot ...

For the inside pages, I used papers from Graphic 45 and Webster's Pages. I continued airbrushing the pages throughout the book to tie it all together.





On this page, I airbrushed the Linnie Textures for the right side of the page, then used it as a stencil for the left side of the page.



I hope you enjoyed this peek inside my little mixed-media booklet. Visit my blog at http://candyspiegel.wordpress.com/ for more inspiration.









5 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous keepsake! I love every single page! Every element adds the perfect amount of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning...you are making me drool over this mini size (I think I should finish my big one first though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY Goodness gracious!!!...this is soooooooooooooo beautiful!!...I am in awe of the airbrushing...and all your mixed media wonderments! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What an awesome job you did! I love the mixture of textures and the colors you used. And the creation of the peacock is genius! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and layering. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete