Monday, December 2, 2013

Put on your mittens...


 
Baby, it IS cold outside.  Time to dig out those mittens...inside and out!  We are all playing with the Linnie Blooms canvas mitten shapes this week and they are just screaming for fun embellishments! 
 
As I mentioned in a previous post, I really do not like shopping.  Gift wrapping is where my heart lies.  The present inside may not be that great, or it may be a gift card, but a pretty topper makes it special. 
 
For these tags (that I cut into 3 1/2"x 6" from old file folders), I painted the canvas mittens with acrylics and added dashes of Picket Fence Distress Stain, outlined in Rock Candy Stickles.  I put a layer of Aleene's Tacky Glue at the top and pressed in tiny clear white seed beads to make the cuff.  Into my bin of doo-dads, I found and added some felt snowflakes, metal snowflake brads, wood snowflakes (painted and Stickled), and pearls.  I love that these canvas shapes can hold up to anything added to them (they are quite heavy when you start adding paint and beads and Stickles--regular paper couldn't hold up to this kind of "beading"...hee hee).
I often add sayings and phrases inspired by song lyrics to my projects, and here I am doing it again!  I liked this dotty paper, but found it just a bit too bold for what I needed.  By adding a few layers of Picket Fence Distress Stain (and drying it with a heat gun between layers), I was able to tame the background and make it ready for running through the printer. 

 
So, while I continue to "pro-craftinate"...that is avoid putting up Christmas decorations (or maybe it is because we are remodeling our bathroom and I have a bathtub, toilet, double vanity, linen cabinet, etc. in my living room and there is no room for the tree)...I am reminded that I am wrapping these gifts in LOVE. 
 
After all, shouldn't the whole season be wrapped in LOVE?
~Kelly
www.pinterest.com
 
 

1 comment:

  1. 'ProCraftinate' - LOVE IT! I am totally stealing that because it is my life!! Excellent mittens!! I always love how much abuse and amount of embellishments the Linnie Blooms shapes can take too!!

    ReplyDelete