Saturday, December 28, 2013

Masculine Florals

Hi there and happy weekend after Christmas!  I sure hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  I sure did, and boy did the days go by quickly.

Today, I'm going to share with you a masculine LO I created using Linnie Blooms canvas flowers.  I know a few scrappers that aren't comfortable using flowers of any sort on their masculine pages.  I think florals are great on masculine pages, and actually tones down the page a bit from being overly hard and grungy. Below is a picture of what your flower should look like once it has been distressed.


Very aged and vintage looking right?  To distress the flower, first I cut my canvas flower in half then added a good coverage of wet adhesive. To the adhesive I added distressed embossing powder in vintage photo and dried it with a heat gun.


For this LO I used 2 canvas flowers and cut them in half for layering purposes.  Plus why tuck away half of the goodness if it won't be seen.  Don't be afraid to cut your pieces...waste not want not.  I sure don't want to waste good canvas by tucking half under my layers.


See how cutting the flowers in half provided for more tucking under the layers of this LO?


I also layered mechanicals atop a couple of the flowers to almost create a center for the flowers, also for added depth. You can also add similar shaped flowers of different materials/fabric.  By layering other embellishments on the canvas piece that will only add more dimension and texture to your flower.

If you are one that shy away from adding flowers of any texture to your masculine LO, I sure hope this will help you take that leap.  Give it a try, I'm sure you won't regret using florals on your masculine pages.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, in a totally manly sort of way. Great job!

    ReplyDelete