Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Create with a song




It's been awhile since I have worked on my "Songs in My Heart" art journal.  There are lots of songs in my heart, but not a lot of time in my life.  But, I made some time for this song creation so that I could share this one with you as my last post on the Linnie Blooms Design Team.  I want to thank Linda Barutha for giving me the chance to play with her canvas shapes and for giving me inspiration to jump into mixed media art.


The song is "Ribbon in the Sky" (by Stevie Wonder) and it is one that right away popped into my head when I first got the idea for this song art journal.  Ribbons in a sky...

My first step was to use some water-downed inks to water color with a checkerboard stencil for the sky.  I added in some free-hand clouds using white gesso.



Next I added my rainbow ribbons that don't end in a pot of gold, but rather a shiny heart with rays shooting out.  Are you wondering what those rays are?  They are upside down birdies---Linnie Blooms shapes are so versatile!  I colored these shapes with more inks as watercolors and added some Stickles to the heart.



"This is  not a coincidence 
and far more than a lucky chance
but what it is
that was always meant
is a ribbon in the sky for our love
from now on it will be you and I
and our ribbon in the sky"


I sure had a blast playing with my Linnie Blooms shapes and I am certainly going to keep playing.  Here is just a little peak at all the FUN!





















 ~Kelly

Pin It



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely song for your new page, Kelly! Love the rainbow of color and texture you've created. Your work is amazing and I'm so glad you've shared it with us. Best wishes in your creative journey!

    ReplyDelete