Sunday, April 13, 2014

Linnie Blooms Mail Art

Special Guest Designer Cheryl Dossey:

When Linda asked me if I would be interested in creating a post using her new mail art canvas envelope? I was thrilled… I love sending and receiving mail especially from other artists who go the extra mile and create something unique and special.

This is how it came…a nice rigid sewn envelope with curved flaps.

It didn’t take long for me to decide who would receive this special mail art envelope.   I recently attended a one day workshop in my area and wanted to send a special “thank you “and I knew this would be perfect.
To start, I put a light layer of clear gesso over the entire outside surface and let dry. I then used Caran d’ache neocolor watercolors to add the background color. 


I drew a tree branch with a pencil for my bird to stand on and again used the watercolors crayons to paint various shades of brown.
 
The bird and “hello” greeting were done using rubber stamps and a Staz On black ink stamp pad. I then filled in the bird with more watercolor.

 

I then flipped it over and started painting the back. I wanted to follow the great curved shape of the flaps so I used a decorative cirlce stamp to add more circle and then colored thshadeesof red, orange and dark pink.  On the bottom flap I used a rubber stamps with a row of postage stamps. One of favorite stamps.

In in order to mail it I added an oval to the front and the back flap for the To and Return addresses. I used white gesso so that I would be able to easily write on it with a good black pen. 

Here’s the finished product…




I can’t wait to send this and hear the response. I know she’ll love it. This is a great piece and think I may have to order more of these from Linnie Blooms so I’ll have them on hand and ready to go when I want to send a note or thank you to someone special.

Thanks Linda!!
Cheryl Dossey

www.cheryldossey.com

Linnie Blooms Canvas Envelopes can be purchased here:  LinnieBlooms.com

3 comments:

  1. Amazing i just adore this mega...thanks for being our guest designers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely wonderful gift! I love this envelope and all of the fabulous touches you've added to make it unique! Who knew canvas could become so lovely! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete