Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mixed media tags

Today I would like to show you two tags I made for my doughter Alice who turned 6 years old a couple of days ago.
 
I have used the same base for both tags, a cardstock tag with a patterned paper from 7 Dots Studio (Love is in the Air collection "Rising of the Sun"). First of all, I wanted to add some structure so I applied thick modeling paste (from the hardware store) trough a template. When dried I sprayed the tags with mist from Ayeeda (13@rts). After drying more I stamped with black permanent ink randomly over the tags.
 

When happy with the base I added my chosen Linnie Bloom canvas products, mixed with a couple of other embellishments. For the tag above I made a flower using two Canvas Blooms that I sew togheter by hand. Then I sprayed it with ink and highlighted it with a bit of red paint.

For the card down below I used the gorgous Canvas Leaves and feathers! They are SO versatile!! Instead of misting them I painted them with thin gesso. That way they get more flexible, and easy to bend when semi dry.


Other materials used: Flower (13@rts). Frame (Fabscraps). Chipboard Wheel and tag (Scrapiniec). Rinestones (Pink Paislee). Button (Prima Marketing). Stamps (Prima, Keisercraft).

Hope you liked my tags as much as Alice did!

Best wishes from Marie

2 comments:

  1. super fun bright colour combos.. great layers and fun tags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tags are absolutely gorgeous, Marie. Lovely colors and textures…I'm new to modeling paste, but it is going to be a fun experience getting used to that medium. Your Linnie products are a great focal for these lovely tags!

    ReplyDelete