Tuesday, April 1, 2014

a sweet little canvas bag... by leeann pearce

Hello Linnie Blooms fans. Today I wanted to share another sweet but simply project I made using one of the 9x11 inch canavs blanks.

I made this little canvas bag for my youngest daughter as she has a love for bags of any kind. She loves to just stuff what ever she can in them.
One of her favorite animals is elephants because she remembers them from our Thailand trip.

 anyway so this is it...


- I simply cut a piece of fabric measuring the same size as the canvas.
- I also made a elephant template and cut this out using scraps of fabrics.
- I used a canvas heart and cut in two and used them as leaves for the red fabric flower.


- Once the shapes were cut out i pinned everything in place and used a zig zag machine stitch.
- I went around twice.
NOTE: At this stage it was time to machine stitch the large piece of fabric I had cut out. 


- I used some scraps of ribbon to create the carry handles and machine stitch them in place.


So you can see how easy it really was. 
There are so many great ways to used this canvas blank. 
I certainly loved making this little bag for jorja!

Thanks for popping by Leeann Pearce

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this the CUTEST little thing! I can see why your youngest would love stuffing anything precious into this darling little bag. You're such a creative soul Leann! Love it.

    ReplyDelete