Sunday, October 13, 2013

All That Glitters.....is Canvas

Hi everyone!  Laura back with another Guest Designer post!  I'm having
a great time playing with different techniques and ideas using all the
different shapes from Linnie Blooms!

This time I was inspired by the Linnie Leaf Shapes....to make, hmmm...
a tree?  A fall project?  Could it be a flower?

How about none of the above....lol!  I found some holiday spirit and made
a Christmas card using Linnie Blooms shapes:


The leaves reminded me of some of my mom's old fashioned ornaments, and
when painted with Distress Stain in Pewter....they have almost a mercury glass
glow to them just like the real thing.
 
Here's a closer look:


I frayed the edges slightly, I also stamped on one with glue and then glittered
it, the third smaller piece, I glued and glittered the entire edge.  A bit of bling
added a great background for the shapes....I used silver washi tape, some
sequins and gems, and rhinestone swirls to add even more sparkle and shine.

The "blank canvas" of Linnie Blooms shapes, give you so many ways to use
them.....just love 'em!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment