Thursday, October 24, 2013

Altered Cigar Box

Hello Crafty Peeps,  As we start to roll into the weekend I have decided to share one of my cigar boxes.  I love to alter them and sell them.  This one I made for my craft room, so I will be keeping this one.  However it did look really cute in the Linnie Blooms shop so I may have to make one for Linda Barutha's store too.

If you have been checking out our blog daily you will see all of the awesome projects the design team have been doing.  I wanted to use 3 of my banners from Linnie Blooms on an altered art piece. I love keeping them used as banners however you will see how creative the team is and they have found clever ways to use them.

 
Here is the cigar box sitting on top of my shelf full of supplies.

2 banners on the right painted w/ pink acrylic paints & I added 2 puffy stickers

Displayed in my studio w/ the banner I made using Linnie Blooms Shapes.

Close up of my Cigar Box using 3 banners from Linnie Blooms.

The other banner I used as a Pennant and added a stick and some twine.
Have you decided what Mixed Media shapes are you favorite?  You may need to get a few in your stash then decide.  I change my mind every time I use them.  But so far these are my favorite shapes, until next time.
 
Thanks for reading today's blog,  I hope you have a cigar box you can alter.  Check out Linnie Blooms shop to purchase a few shapes.. you will love the variety.
 
Linnie Blooms Designer, Kimberly (Scrap It Girl)  




2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE your altered cigar box! The colors you used are so pretty together. I also love the way you are using your box. Love it love it!!

    ReplyDelete