Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Little Blue Bird of Happiness

I have a new project that I designed for Linnie Blooms ~ a sweet Little Blue Bird of Happiness.

I used 2 of the Canvas Birds and 2 of the small Canvas Leaves for the wings and an old worn out pair of blue jeans for this little birdie. I love to recycle old jeans into projects. They lend a soft touch and color to so many things I make. I thought it perfect for this little creature.

With some stiching for details and to putting it together, it was completed in an evening in front of the TV and a movie I was watching. I had a bit of ribbon salvaged from another project and a sweet little ribbon rose that matched perfectly.  It was pretty easy to do and I bet you too could make one.
I placed the Linnie Blooms canvas shapes over the denim and cut around them leaving a 1/4″ seam allowance. I did the detail stitches first, then stiched them together just by holding them between my fingers. No glue, no pins. I like the little bit of raw edges here too. I stuffed him gently with a bit of pellon and made a ribbon hanger long enough to go over a branch if I want.
I can see him done in white velvet for a Christmas dove, or crushed red velvet for a Cardinal. Even tiny pastel prints would do nicely. A touch of potpuri used in the stuffing would make an nice closet sachet too. Oh the possiblities!!
What are you going to create with Linnie Blooms canvas shapes? Sure would love to hear from you!
Happy creating!
Linda Kay

2 comments: