Friday, October 25, 2013

When a simple thank you won't do...


Sometimes, a simple "thank you" isn't enough.
Sometimes, a paper "thank you" isn't enough.
Sometimes, any kind of "thank you" isn't enough, but something will have to do.
This is one of those times.


I'm playing with Linnie Blooms shapes again, and this time it is the new canvas pocket (available soon). It's the perfect size for a gift card or...


a pull-out message.

I stamped the pocket with Distress Inks (I love that they don't bleed on the canvas) and then added some Distress Stain color on the flap along with some washi tape and some buttons. Inside, I used more Linnie Blooms shapes (pockets, pennants, and hearts) to make a mini banner. I used acrylic paint, Copic markers, and more Distress Stains along with more washi tape to complete the banner.

Wondering how I got those letters on there? I laid down some alpha stickers and painted right over them. When the paint was dry, I lifted the stickers off and a perfect stencil remained (no seepage).




It may be small on size but it represents a BIG, heart-felt thank you for a dear friend (hope she's not reading this before I send it to her).



And, it's the gift that keeps on giving because it can be passed on and on and on to new recipients.

Spread the love.


~Kelly
 



1 comment: