Thursday, October 10, 2013

Trick or Treat Door Hanger

Hello all my BOOtiful crafty friends! Are you guys as excited about Halloween as I am? I am working feverishly to get my house all done up for our first Halloween Party. I am beyond excited. I made this project with my 8 year old daughter. Both my girls love to craft so when they ask I try to include them some how. This was so fun and the canvas blank was a perfect starting point for our little sign.

 First we painted the canvas blank purple. I found a piece of die cut paper that was spider webs so I held that down and my daughter used a stencil brush and pounced the white on. 
 I LOVE the blanks so much because they are already stitched and I love the frayed edges. Instant distressed look for me!
 You can really pile the paint on the canvas blanks too and they can totally take the abuse. I even used a little water in the purple paint to help with spreading and it worked great and I didn't lose the shape.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to participate in the fab Blog Hop! There are tons of awesome prizes to be had and someone has to win...right??!

~and Allie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment